Deadline: January 30, 2017
Date of the Competition: October 10-21, 2017
All organists selected to compete in the live rounds in Montreal receive travel, housing and meal allowances to cover the full cost of their participation in the CIOC.
Read the list of suggested Canadian pieces to automatically enter to the Royal Canadian College of Organists prize (awarded by the jury to the best interpretation of the Canadian piece. This is not an exhaustive list.
The candidate must complete the application form either on line or by printing the document here) and pay the $150 CAD registration fee. The registration fee is not refundable. The candidate must send this amount free of all taxes or other charges.
Le competitor must also send:
- Two letters of recommendation in French or English from a former or current professor or professional musician;
- A photocopy of a valid passport;
- Two colour photos and at least one black and white photo (preferably dissimilar). These photos must be sent by Internet in .jpg .bmp or .tiff formats (minimum resolution 300 dpi). The photographs, which will be used in CIOC communications, must be free of copyright restrictions;
- Payment of registration fees or documented proof of payment;
- A curriculum vitae in French and/or English (maximum 2 pages) that outlines the candidate’s training, names of principal professors, prizes and awards (with proof) and current professional status;
- A brief biography in French and/or English (maximum 200 words);
- An audio recording (CD) that is clearly labelled with the candidate’s family name and first name, date, and place of recording and that is accompanied by a note listing the composition of the instrument(s) used in the recording. The CD should include only the specified programme which must be complete performances of the works without any editing. A witness (member of a professional body, member of the clergy, or a municipal official) must sign the registration form attesting that the CD is truly the candidate’s work and has not been edited.
Please send the required documents (if you haven't uploaded them in the form below) to the following address:
Canadian International Organ Competition
606, rue Cathcart, suite 335
Montréal (Québec) H3B 1K9
Pay registration fees here
For any questions: 514.510.5678 / email@example.com